Invoking Excitement in the Classroom with Virtual Labs 02 May 2014
Ms. Silpa Sivan, Coordinator of Virtual Amrita Laboratories Universalizing Education (VALUE) at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Amritapuri, Kerala led the weekly discussion on the topic “Invoking Excitement in the Classroom with Virtual Labs”. The session was broadcasted live through A-VIEW on May 5th, 2014.
The Objectives of this session was intended
For all educators who aspire
- To improve student performance through user friendly simulations, and demonstrative videos
- To motivate and elevate student experience during lab sessions
- To allow students to learn from interactive animations and reduce content preparation time
- To reduce examination stress in students
- To incorporate virtualized experiments as a teaching tool
And for students and research scholars who wants
- To save time spent for studying new laboratory experiments
- To work in an user friendly lab setup
- To learn concepts and good lab techniques by performing simulations
- To learn faster using step through animations
- To experience the anytime, anywhere access and repeatability features of online labs
The Highlights of the talk
What is virtual lab? – The state of the art computer simulation technology to create real world environments and problem handling capabilities is required to bridge the gap between institutions that retain the physical laboratory and distantly placed economically challenged educational institutions
Broad areas of virtual labs
Each experiment consist of theory, videos, procedure, self evaluation, Animation, Simulation, Assignment and Reference
Ms. Silpa Sivan concluded the session with the Blood Grouping Experiment.
Ms. Silpa Sivan is a Coordinator of Virtual Amrita Laboratories Universalizing Education (VALUE) at Amrita Vidyapeetham University, Amritapuri. VALUE is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development under the National Mission on Education through ICT.