JEE Main Syllabus 2023 For Session 2:The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released a notification for JEE Mains 2023, along with the official syllabus for the same. This JEE Main 2023 Subject wise Syllabus can help students analyze the topics and chapters they need to study and prepare a timetable accordingly, as well as understand the concepts better. The syllabus of jee mains 2023 is divided into subjects, including Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, for both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
This means that candidates preparing for B.E/B. Tech courses and those preparing for B.Arch/ B.Planning courses can access the NTA JEE Main syllabus along with the JEE Main Previous Question Papers for the Session 2 April session is provided here. To know more about the JEE Main Syllabus 2023, JEE Main Exam Pattern read the article.
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 for Session 2
To start preparing for any exam, it is important for candidates to have a clear understanding of the complete and accurate exam pattern, as well as the syllabus, in order to plan a foolproof strategy to score well in the exam. This article discusses the exam pattern and syllabus for JEE Main Exam Session 2. Candidates should note that the JEE Main 2023 syllabus is the same for all sessions, and it includes Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 – Details
|JEE Main Syllabus 2023|
|Full Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (Main)|
|Short Name Of The Exam||JEE Main|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of Conduct||Twice|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computed-Based Test (Pen and paper-based for Drawing section in B.Arch)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours (3.5 hours for both – B.Arch and B. Planning)|
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2023 – Session 2
When preparing for the JEE entrance exam, candidates should review the official JEE Main exam pattern for Session 2, as well as the JEE Main 2023 syllabus. Information regarding how the exam will be conducted, including details such as duration, language, number of questions, and marking scheme, are outlined below.
JEE Main Paper 1 Exam Pattern
The JEE Main 2023 Session 2 exam will be an online computer-based test that includes questions from three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates who wish to pursue B.E./ B.Tech courses will attempt Paper 1.
|NTA JEE Main Paper 1 Pattern for Session 2|
|Parameters||Exam Pattern Details|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-based test mode|
|Medium of paper||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours (4 hours for persons with benchmark disabilities)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Type of Questions||20 Objective questions having 4 options each with only 1 correct option
10 Numerical questions out of which 5 need to be answered
|Number of Questions||90 (need to answer 75 questions)
Each subject will have 20 MCQs and 10 numerical ques out of which 5 is a must
JEE Main Paper 2 Exam Pattern
The number of questions and subjects in Paper 2 will be different for candidates willing to pursue either B.Arch or B.Plan courses.
|NTA JEE Main Paper 2 Pattern for Session 2|
|Particulars||Exam Pattern Details|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-based examination except for Drawing section in B.Arch|
|Language of Examination||English or Hindi – For All Centre Cities|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Number of Sections||B.Arch:
|Type of Questions||B.Arch- Type of questions for each section of B.Arch-
B.Planning- Type of questions for each section of B.Planning-
|Number of Questions||B.Arch: 77 Questions
B.Plan: 100 Questions
|Total Marks||400 Marks|
NTA JEE Main Marking Scheme
Below is the marking scheme for JEE Main 2023 Session 2 exam for both Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) and Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan) which candidates can refer to:
JEE Main Marking Scheme for Paper 1
In multiple-choice questions (MCQs), 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer, and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. Similarly, for questions requiring a numeric value as an answer, 4 marks will be given for a correct response, and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
JEE Main Marking Scheme for Paper 2
In the case of multiple-choice questions (MCQs), candidates will receive 4 marks for each correct answer, but there will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect response. For questions requiring numerical value as an answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer, and there will also be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect response. As for the drawing test, two questions will be evaluated, and the total marks awarded will be out of 100.
JEE Main Session 2 Syllabus 2023
Here is the syllabus for JEE Main session 2 2023 for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics for paper 1 for candidates opting for B.E/B.TECH. Aspirants planning to appear for the April session of JEE Main 2023 should refer to this syllabus for comprehensive preparation.
JEE Main Session 2 Syllabus 2023 For Paper 1
JEE Main Physics Syllabus 2023
- Physics and measurement
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Current electricity
- Communication systems
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic waves
- Atoms and nuclei
- ElectrostaticsDual nature of matter and radiation
- Rotational motion
- Work, energy and power
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Laws of Motion
- Oscillations and waves
- Electronic devices
Section B: Experimental skills
JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus 2023
Chemistry is further divided into Physical, Organic and Inorganic chemistry.
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- d- and f- block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- Block elements(alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- P Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2023
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequence and series
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Coordinate geometry
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Integral calculus
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Differential equations
- Sets, relations, and functions
- Mathematical induction
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical reasoning
- Limit, continuity, and differentiability
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 Session 2 for Paper 2
JEE Main 2023 session 2 syllabus for paper 2 for the candidates who are appearing for B.ARCH/ B.Planning courses.
- Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials, Objects, Textures related to Architecture and build- environment.
- Analytical reasoning mental ability(visual, numerical, and verbal)
- Three-dimensional- perception: understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, Colour texture, Harmony, and contrast
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, Subtraction, Rotation, Development of surfaces and volume
- Visualising three–dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings
- Visualising different sides of three-dimensional objects
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces, etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles, trees, plants, etc.), and rural life.
- Generation of Plans, elevations, and 3-D views of objects.
- Creating two-dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
Part 3: Planning
Comprehension, critical thinking and analytical skills, graphs, charts and map reading skills, simple statistics, CBSE Class X Social Science topics, General Awareness regarding development issues, government programs/schemes, etc.,
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 – Download Link
|JEE Main Syllabus 2023|
|JEE Main Syllabus 2023 PDF Download||Click Here|
|Aview Home Page||aview.in|
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 – FAQ
Are the JEE Main Syllabus 2023 the same for both Paper 1 & 2?
No, the JEE Main Syllabus 2023 for Paper 1 & 2 is different and has been discussed in detail in this article.
What is the syllabus for B.Arch in JEE Main 2023?
The JEE Main 2023 exam for B.Arch will have questions from Mathematics, Aptitude, and Drawing. The detailed syllabus for the same is covered in this article.
Has there been any reduction in the JEE 2023 syllabus?
No, the National Testing Agency has not announced any changes in the JEE Syllabus 2023.