APPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023: The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) has released the APPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023, which candidates preparing for the exam can refer to. The APPSC Group 4 Exam Syllabus 2023 is divided into various subjects, and candidates can go through the subject-wise syllabus along with the APPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern to understand the crucial topics to be studied. This approach will enable them to prepare efficiently. Also, you have to solve as many APPSC Group 4 Previous Papers as possible to score more marks on the test.
APPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023
The APPSC Group 4 2023 comprises two written exams which are the Screening Test or Prelims and Mains. Both exams have the same syllabus, with the first section consisting of General Studies and Mental Abilities. The second section for both exams also comprises General Telugu and General English. To assist candidates in preparing for the exam, we have provided the APPSC Group 4 Exam Syllabus PDF for both papers. Candidates can use these resources to gain a better understanding of the syllabus and prepare accordingly.
APPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 Overview
|Get APPSC Group 4 Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF|
|Name of the Exam||APPSC Group 4 Exam|
|Conducting Body||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)|
|Age Limit||18-42 Years|
|Selection Process||Screening Test, CPT|
APPSC Group 4 Selection Process 2023
- Screening Test
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
APPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern 2023
If you’re curious about the APPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern 2023, you can find all the necessary details in this section. The table below provides information on the subject’s name, number of questions, marks allotted, and the exam’s duration. Knowing the type of exam is also possible by referring to the exam pattern. Before preparing for the APPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023, it’s crucial for all candidates to have a complete understanding of the exam pattern. Therefore, make sure to go through this section to get the complete structure of the exam.
Written Examination Pattern (Objective Type)
|Name of the Subject||Number of Questions/ Number of Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1: General Studies & Mental Ability||150 Questions & 150 Marks||150 Minutes|
|Paper 2: General English & General Telugu (75 marks each & SSC Standard)||150 Questions & 150 Marks||150 Minutes|
|Total Marks: 300|
- For each wrong answer in the exam, 1/3rd of the marks allocated to the question will be deducted as per G.O. Ms. No.235 Finance (HR-I, Plg & Policy) Dept., Dt.06/12/2016.
- Eligible candidates will need to pass a Computer Proficiency Test, which is a qualifying test.
- The question paper will be available in both English and Telugu languages.
- The ratio of eligible candidates to vacancies notified is 1:2.
Computer Proficiency Test (Practical Type)
|Test||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Proficiency in Office Automation with the usage of Computers and Associated Software||50 Marks||30 Minutes|
APPSC Group 4 Exam Syllabus 2023
Candidates should check the APPSC Group 4 Exam Syllabus 2023 from this section. We have listed out the topics for the written examination along with the computer proficiency test.
APPSC Group 4 Syllabus for Written Examination
Paper 1: GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national, and regional.
- Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention, and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
- General Science and its applications to day-to-day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology.
- The social-economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability, and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis:
a) Tabulation of data
b) Visual representation of data
c) Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance, and coefficient of variation) and Interpretation
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and Legal implications/ problems.
Paper 2: GENERAL ENGLISH AND TELUGU (SSC Standard)
b) Usage and idioms
c) Vocabulary and punctuation
d) Logical re-arrangement of sentences
a) Synonyms & Vocabulary
c) Telugu to English meanings
d) English to Telugu meanings
e) Usage and idiom
APPSC Group 4 Syllabus for Computer Proficiency Test
- Create and save a document using MS WORD
- Deletion of Character, Word, line, and block of text
- Undo and redo the process
- Moving, Copying, and renaming
- Format the Text document
- Character formatting
- Paragraph formatting
- Page formatting
- Spell-check the document
- Finding and Replacing text
- Bookmarks and Searching for a Bookmarks
- Checking Spelling and Grammar automatically
- Checking Spelling and Grammar using Dictionary
- Print the document
- Print Preview
- Print Dialog box
- Mail Merge in Ms-word
- Create main document and data file for mail merging
- Merging the files
- From letters using mail merging
- Mailing labels using mail merging
- Table creation in Ms-word
- Create a table in the document
- Add row and column to a table
- Changing column width and row height.
- Merge, and split cells of the table.
- Use formulae in tables.
- sorting data in a table.
- formatting a table.
- Ability to type on the Qwerty keyboard of the Computer at a speed of at least equivalent to 30 Words per 1 minute (Lower type writing test).
- Create and save a new workbook in Excel
- Entering Data into Worksheet
- Editing data of Worksheet
- Formatting the text in the cells
- Formatting the numbers in the cells.
- Formatting cells.
- Copying format of the cell along with data format.
- Changing the height and width of cells.
- Freezing Titles, splitting screen
- Enter formulae for calculation in the cells.
- Copying the formula over a range of cells.
- Inserting built-in functions into the cells.
- Create graphs for the data using Chart Wizard.
- Format graphs in Excel.
- Printing of worksheet.
POWER POINT (Part-C)
- Create and save a new presentation using MS PowerPoint
- the layout of the opening screen in PowerPoint
- the toolbars in MS PowerPoint
- Choose Auto Layout for a new slide.
- Insert text and pictures into a blank slide.
- Insert new slides into the presentation.
- Apply slide transition effects.
- Slide show.
- Set animation to text and pictures in a slide
- Set the sounds, order, and timing for animation.
Creation and manipulation of databases
- Browse the Net using Browser software (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
- Search the Web using Search Engines.
- Create an E-mail account.
- Send and receive E-mail.
- E-commerce transactions.
- Web content uploading.
- Ability to operate Mac OS/ pages/ keynote/ Numbers.
APPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 PDF Link
|APPSC Group 4 Exam Syllabus 2023 – Important Link|
|To Check and Download APPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 & Exam Pattern PDF||Click Here|
|Aview Home Page||aview.in|
APPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
How to download the APPSC Group 4 Syllabus PDF?
Candidates can download the APPSC Group 4 Syllabus PDF through the direct link attached to our article. And you can even get it from the official site @ psc.ap.gov.in.
For how many marks, will the APPSC Group 4 CPT be conducted?
The Computer Proficiency Test will be conducted for 50 marks.
What is the APPSC Group 4 Selection Process?
Screening Test and CPT are the APPSC Group 4 Selection rounds.
Which subjects should be prepared for the APPSC Group 4 Exam?
General Studies & Mental Ability, General English & General Telugu are the subjects required to prepare for APPSC Group 4 Exam.