Software Development Techniques workshop kicked off 05-Nov-2011
Two-week workshop on 'Software Development Techniques for faculties of Engineering and Science Institutes', organized by IIT-Bombay using A-VIEW (Amrita Virtual Interactive E-Learning World) has started off well.
Around 710 faculties, from 21 remote centers across India, are attending this online workshop which commenced on 5th November 2011. The workshop will conclude on December 4th 2011.
The workshop is being headed by eminent experts; Prof. Prabhu Ramachandran, Department of Aerospace Engineering and Prof. Madhu Belur, Department of Electrical Engineering of IIT-Bombay and Prof. Asokan Pichai, Sr. V.P. Learning and Development, TalentSprint. Prof. D.B. Phatak of IIT-Bombay is the project coordinator and has been instrumental in its success.
Following subjects will be covered as part of the workshop; Using Linux Tools, Version control systems, LaTeX, Basic Python, Advanced Python and Test Driven Development.
List of remote centers participating in the workshop are given below;
- Kakinada Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kakinada
- Muffakham Jah College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad
- Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology, Guwahati
- Institute of Technology Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- DOEACC Center, Srinagar
- Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kottayam
- St Joseph's College of Engineering, Palai
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- SGSITS, Indore
- Truba College of Engineering & Technology, Indore
- VPCOE, Baramati
- Kolhapur Institute of Technology, Kolhapur
- K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai
- MES's Pillai's Institute of Information Technology, New panvel
- MES's IMCC, Pune
- Jaipur Engineering College, Kukas, Jaipur
- Techno India NJR Institute of Technology, Udaipur
- Rajayalaxmi Institute of Technology, Chennai
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore